There is a need for volunteers at the Friday morning food distribution sessions. These are in Craigyhill Methodist Church from 10am-12pm. It involves packing and handing out food parcels to those who have been referred to the Foodbank as being in food poverty. If you are available at this time and would like to volunteer please get in touch:
There are appropriate social distancing measures in place to ensure the safety of volunteers
Outdoor summer fellowship
As a church fellowship in order to provide opportunities for us all to reconnect with each other again we are going to meet up once a week, outdoors. This is open to anyone who wishes to join us. You can either sit and just chat to others in small, socially distanced groups or go for a walk.
The organisers, Meta and Zoé will check the weather forecast on a Saturday and pick the evening the following week which promises the best weather. The day we plan to meet will be announced at the Sunday service, posted on the church website and the Face Book page.
General guidelines to follow.
– Please do not come if you have a cough, cold, temperature or are feeling unwell.
– We will meet at 7 30pm in the Town Park car park, off the Glenarm Road, opposite the Bowling and Tennis Club.
– Please bring sanitiser and a clean mask.
– If you prefer to sit and chat, please bring a chair, and perhaps a coat or rug. If you want to bring your own hot or cold drink you can.
– Because of the risk of potentially spreading coronavirus, please don’t share food, drinks or utensils.
– Those who want to walk can get into pairs and walk maintaining the advised 2m social distance.
– Please discuss the wearing of your face mask with the person you are walking or sitting with and decide together what you prefer to do. Everyone’s situation is different and it’s always best to err on the side of caution and wear masks if someone is feeling vulnerable or worried. As we are meeting outside and maintaining 2 meter social distance, face masks aren’t a requirement unless someone feels vulnerable.
This week’s (week commencing 26th July) will be on Friday 30th July at 7 30pm.
We will be meeting at the harbour end of Bay Road, turning on to Chaine Memorial Road. This means there are seats available for those who would prefer to chat and it is flat for those who wish to walk!
We would love to see as many of you as possible coming along to this weekly church opportunity for fellowship.